Sunday, November 04, 2007

[Chak De Goa !] Day #4

November 4th 2007


I wake up early, rajesh is not joining me this time. He has an additional holiday sanctioned by his boss. My partner is leaving to gokarna and riding on the west coast of india. It’s a SOLO ride baby. I load my bike, and head to panjim thru the old goa route. Its 6:30 when I leave anjuna beach. I stop at old goa and head for the BOM jesus church for a photo session. I then race back to Bangalore

The route I took was:
Anjuna beach-mapusa-panjim-(NH 4A)-oldgoa-ponda-londa-dandeli

The road to dharwad from londa was bad so I took the dandeli road. The road was bad too and I was at a good speed. This is why disaster struck me. I treated the bike like shit and he hit back. The chain guard link broke and the chain was loose. It took me about 60 minutes to fix it. The pain was severe… I sometimes feel why do mechanics get paid so less.

I want prepared… For the chain guard, I did not have the size 12 spanner so I tried a size 13 spanner with the support of a mighty rupee coin – no luck yet. By the time it was fixed it was 1 PM. Bangalore is 520 kilometers from dandeli. I was like oh shit I will enter Bangalore at 11 PM and get killed by drunk bangaloreans exiting the pubs.

It was a relief to see the dharward highway after so much of pain in my bum caused by the bad roads. I stop by the sunflower farm for some pictures and race back to Bangalore. This is where I would test my bike for its ultimate speed.

The route I take was Hubli-(NH 4)-Haveri-RaniBennur

Its 5:30 PM by the time I leave rani-bennur – my stop for a light lunch so that I don’t sleep riding.

I cleaned my visor of my state-of-art helmet with waxpol. The vision from the visor was crystal clear. And I dashed to Bangalore.

Harihar-Davangere-Chitradurga-tumkur-bangalore – I don’t know what these places looked like.

My target was a White colored tavera and I kept losing him – catching him – losing him. This car kept me entertained and I dashed into Bangalore. Had my dinner at peenya – and I was at my home in HSR layout at 11:00 PM. Bang on target.

So there ends my fun oriented goa trip….. do watch rajesh’s blog at http://ragingbull500.blogspot.com for his story !

The pics are are online @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/100kph/sets/72157601933364651/

Total Distance - 1420 KM

No comments: