Monday, March 17, 2008

There Goes Agro

I went to agro motors today to get my bike serviced for the chickmagalur trip, I was shocked to see a brick wall constructed separating the workshop. Apparently the whole site was in dispute and the case has been running in the court for like a quarter of a century according to the guys who work there.

Today when i went there, i saw a bunch of rowdies playing carom while listening to the music from a cheap set of speakers connected to an amplifier and a battery. There's a big poster that says karnataka dalit congress (basically a rowdy group) and posters of BRAmbedkar. These guys line up eunuchs on normal days says the manager, but today i could not see them :)

They are not taking any more bikes but in my case he agreed for delivery like next week. Considering with these trouble makers as neighbours i opted not to leave my bike there, who knows it may be target of arson. There is a festive spirit at agro, the chief mechanic wants to retire, the others want to sleep at home. Wow - too good to be true!

I was suggested a mechanic on ORR by them, That guy is like doing a pickup for my bike :) Something unheard of among RE mechanics.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi ,
its krishna here,
thats very sad story,
by tha way please do tell me aboyt the orr guy location etc..
how do you fel kannan of manjunatha bullet garage?

regards,
krishna